Who we are
“We/us/our” refers to Looking Local Ltd and our registered address is 79 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8HG, United Kingdom. Looking Local Ltd are co-owned by Kirklees Council.
"You/your" refers to the users of the LetsHelpYou website (the "site" or “website”), which has been developed and is owned/managed by Looking Local Ltd.
Local Authority partners subscribe to the LetsHelpYou service which enables us to provide the site to you. An up-to-date list of our Local Authority partners and the areas the site is available can be found here.
We provide the site to private landlords and agents acting on behalf of private landlords to display properties they are marketing. The site is also provided to tenants and prospective tenants searching for rented accommodation. We are not estate agents or letting agents and we do not own or manage any of the properties listed on LetsHelpYou. More about LetsHelpYou can be found here.
Our commitment to you
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on the website or by
corresponding with us by email. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, upload
property details, create a profile, provide feedback and/or when you report a problem with a property listing or
If you are a landlord the information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. You may also provide other information at the same time, such as details about the property you wish to advertise.
If you are a tenant or prospective tenant the information you give us may include your name and email address. We may also collect other information about you at the same time, such as your preferences for the type, size and location of property you want to rent.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit the website or use the LetsHelpYou app(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use the website or LetsHelpYou app(s). This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
How we use your personal information
Main uses of your data
This section describes the things that we do with your data which relate directly to your use of the site and the services. They are the things that we hope you would expect us to do with your information. We will use your information:
- to provide the services available on the site to you;
- customise and enrich your experience on the site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so;
- to facilitate introductions with other members;
- to contact you should we need to discuss your account or property listing(s);
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions; and
This section describes the things that we do with your data that arise from monitoring of the site and the collection of your information whilst using the site. We may use this information:
- to identify patterns that we can use in the site’s marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve the services and features and marketing;
- to conduct reviews that assist in the improvement and optimisation of the site;
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (i.e. computer, mobile phone, tablet);
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure.
If you are a registered user, LetsHelpYou can use the email address you have provided to send you notifications about your property view statistics (for landlords) or new property listings that match your search settings (for tenants). If you consent to this feature please opt-in to the Property Tracker feature which can be found within Account under My Profile.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information in connection with the purposes above with any of our Local Authority partners in the LetsHelpYou network. An up-to-date list of our Local Authority partners can be found here.
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you. Once your information has been passed to one of our registered users in the course of providing our services (most typically when a tenant or prospective tenant has signed in to the site and found a property they like) then that LetsHelpYou registered user may have access to the information (for example: landlord contact details) that you have provided which they may use to get in touch with you. Once in their possession, registered users will be responsible for that information; we are not responsible for use (or misuse) of your information by any of our registered users.
We do not rent or sell personal information and will only share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When you have consented or directed us to share the information.
- In order to satisfy any requirement under the law or to protect our rights or prevent any concerns relating to fraud or security.
- In the event of a merger or sale of all or part of the LetsHelpYou service whereby personal information may be transferred as an asset of the project.
LetsHelpYou accepts property listings from letting agents as well as private landlords. If you are the owner of a property being displayed for rent on the site and the listing of which you have not given your permission, this may be because the agent you have chosen to use for the letting of your property has displayed the details of your property on the site on your behalf and thereby placed the information about your property fully in the public domain. We cannot be held responsible for the listing of your property by an agent acting on your behalf.
Where we store your personal information
The information that we collect from you is stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
Access to your information
You can sign-in to your account to access information held there. If we hold other personal information, we can provide this to you once you make a subject access request. To make a subject access request, please email us and clearly indicate the purpose of your request.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to obtain:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed
- Access to your personal data
- Other supplementary information
Under normal circumstances, we will not charge you a fee to provide this information to you. However, we may charge a reasonable fee when a request is unfounded, excessive, or you require further copies of the same information.
We will endeavour to provide you with the information as soon as possible, and no later than within one month of receipt of your request. If your request is complex, we may require a two month extension to complete your request. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of your request to explain why the extension is necessary. We may also ask you to provide evidence to verify your identity.
Amending your information
If you need to correct any inaccuracies in your information, you can sign-in to your Account and edit your own information (including property details if you are a landlord) within Account/My Profile.
How long do we keep your data?
We'll normally only keep your data for as long as necessary to give you the LetsHelpYou services you're using.
Deleting your data
You can ask us to delete your LetsHelpYou account and associated data at any time. Remember to provide the email address for the account you want deleting.
This will permanently erase any personal information in your account that we have about you. This includes the deletion of any property details you may have uploaded to the site if you are a landlord. And it will mean any data about how you’ve used LetsHelpYou will be made anonymous.
Your right to object
You also have the right to object to:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest
- Direct marketing
- Processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research
For more information on Your rights to object, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
To make an objection request, please email us and clearly indicate the purpose of your request.
Last Updated: 27th April 2018